Maritime, Shipping & Transport
Shipping and transport is another core practice at ErsoyBilgehan. The team assists ship owners, charterers, P&I Clubs, hull and machinery underwriters, cargo owners and other market players in all aspects of shipping and transport matters.
Our lawyers have extensive experience in virtually every type of legal matter facing the marine industry including charter parties, bills of lading, cargo claims, salvage, general average, collisions, pollution, ship building and repair, sale and purchase, P&I and other contractual claims and disputes and it is therefore listed by major evaluation companies as the market leader in shipping and transport law.
Lawyers at ErsoyBilgehan enjoy vast experience in wet work, having dealt with most of the major collisions and casualties (including salvage and pollution) in the Turkish Straits since 1986.
Our admiralty clients benefit from a high-level service from a partner who is one of the very few Master Mariners in Turkey, who qualified as a lawyer in 1985.
We have substantial ship finance experience within the practice and receive instructions from a variety of international banks offering loan facilities to Turkish ship owners.
Our experienced team provides clients with the following ship finance related services:
- Advice on the corporate structure, liquidity and authority of the borrower
- Search into the finances, assets and credibility of the borrower
- Advice on Turkish mortgages (ranking, level of security etc.)
- Drafting or review of loan agreements, security documents, lease contracts, MOA, Bill of Sale
- Advice and drafting of Building Contracts and related documents
- Conduct Closings
- Mortgage Registration
- Application to the authorities for the issue of relevant certificates and permits
- Advise on and conduct litigation in relation to foreclosure, claims against borrowers and brokers