Competition and Antitrust
Competition and Antitrust law can affect all areas of business and the penalties for not complying are becoming more severe.
ErsoyBilgehan is called on to help clients navigate the latest competition and antitrust developments, including the appropriate use of intellectual property and the complexities of network effects in emerging markets.
As competition and antitrust issues can affect a broad range of business activity, our services include support in all areas of business law at all stages including compliance advice, planning and representation and litigation services.
The team is particularly experienced in merger control procedures, distribution and franchising law.
Our main practices are as follows:
- advice and litigation with respect to anti-competitive practices before Turkish courts and the Turkish Competition Authority: agreements and concerted practices, abuse of dominant position, interim measures, leniency programs, and State aids
- competition investigations: advice to companies with respect to investigations carried out by domestic authorities (visits and seizures, litigation related to such investigations and to merger control)
- merger control: notifications to the Turkish Competition Authority of mergers and acquisitions
- pricing practices and manufacturer/distributor relationships: terms of sale, pricing, discriminatory practices and generally, all matters related to trade between manufacturers and distributors
- drafting and negotiation of contracts, organization of distribution networks (selective or exclusive distribution contracts, franchising agreements, commercial agency agreements, brokerage contracts, mail-order contracts)
- litigation related to distribution and licensing contracts